Francisco Rangel: The Bridges of London
- Francisco Rangel, Albert Bridge
- Francisco Rangel, Chiswick
- Francisco Rangel, Southwark Bridge
- Francisco Rangel, Waterloo Bridge
- Francisco Rangel, Chelsea Bridge
- Francisco Rangel, Albert Bridge from a Distant
- Francisco Rangel, Westminster
- Francisco Rangel, Lambeth
- Francisco Rangel, Battersea Railway Bridge
- Francisco Rangel, Hammersmith Bridge
- Francisco Rangel, Tower Bridge
Plus One Gallery is pleased to announce the first solo exhibition of Mexican artist Francisco Rangel. In this exhibition Rangel is presenting a new body of works based on the theme of “The Bridges of London” and their surrounding environment.
Having graduated as an architect, Rangel is particularly aware of what the architecture of a city reveals about its society. This is particularly strong in London, which appears to Rangel to be in constant evolution.
These images are more than just urban cityscapes, Rangel’s project responds to the socio-political context of the location and he playfully interweaves local histories, significantly adding to their appeal. The work examines and invites a visual dialogue between the painting and the viewer.
Rangel believes “London bridges are the fingerprints and witnesses of London’s life”.
Francisco Rangel was born in 1971 in Querétaro (Mexico). In 2002, he obtained his Masters Degree at the University Complutense of Madrid. Rangel but has been painting for more than 25 years exhibiting in Group and Solo exhibitions in South American and Europe predominantly . He now lives and paints in Madrid.